Amy Dalrymple, Forum News Service, Published January 18 2012
Flakoll among 6 to advance in North Dakota chancellor searchBISMARCK – A search committee selected six semifinalists today for the chancellor of the North Dakota University System. The semifinalists were selected out of a pool of 21 candidates.
The semifinalists are:
- Loren Anderson, president of Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, Wash.
- Tim Flakoll, provost of the Tri-College University and Republican state senator from Fargo.
- Marshall Hill, executive director for the Nebraska Coordinating Commission for Post-Secondary Education.
- Hamid Shirvani, president of California State University, Stanislaus.
- George Weathersby of Wayne, Pa., chairman and CEO of Genesys Solutions and former CEO of the Indiana Commission for Higher Education.
- Warren Kent Wray, interim chancellor, Missouri University of Science and Technology.
The candidates will advance to interviews with the search committee on Feb. 9. Chancellor Bill Goetz is retiring in August. The goal is for a new chancellor to begin July 1.
“I’m very pleased with the number of applicants that we’ve received and the quality of the applicants,” said Grant Shaft said, president of the state Board of Higher Education.
For more on this story, read Thursday’s Forum.