NDSU Extension Service, Published December 15 2011
NDSU agriculture, Extension faculty and staff honoredFARGO - North Dakota State University honored Agriculture and Extension Service faculty and staff in an awards ceremony Dec. 15.
Ken Grafton, vice president for Agriculture and University Extension, dean of the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources and director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station, and Duane Hauck, director of the NDSU Extension Service, presented the awards during the 20th annual Agriculture and University Extension Faculty/Staff Awards program. Fifth-two people were nominated this year.
The 2011 award recipients were:
* Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award - Senay Simsek, assistant professor, Department of Plant Sciences
* Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award - Dale Redmer, professor, Department of Animal Sciences
* Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award - Adnan Akyuz, assistant professor, School of Natural Resource Sciences (Soil Science)
* H. Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award - William Wilson, professor, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics
* William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Advising Award - Kirk Howatt, associate professor, Department of Plant Sciences
* Myron and Muriel Johnsrud Excellence in Extension/Outreach Award - Carrie Hammer, Extension equine specialist, Department of Animal Sciences
* AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award - Ken Hellevang, Extension agricultural engineer, Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
* Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award - Mary Finseth, administrative officer, Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
* Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award - Sandy Erickson, administrative office manager, Center for Community Vitality
* Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award - Stanley Stancyk, research technician, Department of Plant Sciences