« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Published September 28 2011

Davies High School evacuated after science experiment activates fire alarms

FARGO – Students were evacuated for about 45 minutes Tuesday afternoon at Davies High School after a science experiment activated fire alarms.

Principal Jeff Schatz said some fumes from a botched science-class project wafted into the building vents at about 1:30 p.m., requiring firefighters to give the all clear before students returned to the school.

“Good thing it was a nice day,” he said.

Schatz said he wasn’t sure what sort of science project prompted the evacuation.