Published September 19 2011
Fugitive Focus: Willie Bernard Washington
Local and federal authorities are seeking to apprehend a 31-year-old Moorhead man who’s been on the lam from Cass County authorities for more than a year.
Willie Bernard Washington has four active warrants against him in connection with four related crimes that occurred between 2007 and 2010.
According to court records, the warrants were issued in September and October 2010, after Washington failed to appear for court hearings for the following cases:
- 2008 convictions for unauthorized use of personal ID and property theft, both Class C felonies. Washington was sentenced to jail time and two years’ probation.
- a 2009 felony charge of property theft.
- a 2010 misdemeanor charge of making false reports to law enforcement.
Washington also has a lengthy criminal history sheet in Minnesota, including three active warrants related to past convictions for theft, swindling and domestic assault.
High Plains Fugitive Task Force
- U.S. Marshals Service
- Cass County Sheriff’s Office
- N.D. Probation and Parole
- N.D. Bureau of Criminal Investigation