« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Associated Press, Published August 27 2011

St. Paul woman dies after cooking fire breaks out

ST. PAUL, Minn. — A St. Paul woman has died in a cooking fire at her apartment.

Fire officials say 75-year-old Willie Coleman was burned when a pan of grease caught fire on her stove at her apartment Friday evening. St. Paul Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard says the woman apparently was trying to move the flaming pan when her clothes caught fire. She suffered burns on her upper body.

The Star Tribune says (http://bit.ly/od0fJj) she was rushed to Regions Hospital in St. Paul, where she died several hours later.

___

Information from: Star Tribune, http://www.startribune.com


Copyright © 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.