« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published August 27 2011

Discarded cigarette in flower pot causes Fargo deck, house fire

FARGO – A discarded cigarette in a flower pot started a fire at a house that caused an estimated $10,000 worth of damage, fire officials say.

Firefighters responded to the call of a fire on a deck just before 3 p.m. Friday at 712 11th St. S.

When firefighters arrived at the home, an adult female and young child were sitting on the steps in front of the house. They directed firefighters to the rear of the building, where the deck was on fire.

There was damage to the exterior and side of the house.

The fire was extinguished quickly, fire officials said. No injuries were reported.