Emma Murray, Published August 08 2011
Summer events: Fargo hosts Navy, AirSho
Topping off the week of celebration, the Fargo AirSho 2011 will be Saturday and Sunday.
Bryan Shinn, of Fargo AirSho Public Relations, said attendees can expect top-notch entertainment.
“We booked some of the best acts in the air show industry,” he said. “We actually have people calling us to be in our air show.”
Just a few of the acts that will be at the two-day family event include the U.S. Navy Blue Angels, historic warbird performances and Skydive Fargo.
Both days, gates open at 9 a.m., with performances from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Fargo Air Museum will also celebrate the centennial with several naval aviation exhibits.
- The RiverArts Festival will return to Moorhead’s Memorial Park from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The event includes arts and crafts vendors, food vendors, free activities for kids and a free outdoor concert.
For more information, call (218) 299-5340 or visit www.cityofmoorhead.com/parks.
- Lyle Lovett will perform Wednesday at the Bluestem Center for the Arts in Moorhead.
Lovett, of Texas, is a four-time Grammy award-winning singer and guitarist with folk, country, jazz, blues and gospel influences.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m., and the show starts at 7:30 p.m. For ticket information, call (701) 205-3182 or visit www.jadepresents.com.
- Rheault Farms is holding a free Community Play Day from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday.
Yard games, take-home crafts, music and entertainment by Bubble Man from Platinum Plus DJ will be provided. Adult supervision is required.
The event is funded by the Xcel Energy Foundation. No registration is required.
For more information, visit www.fargoparks.com.
- Concordia College presents their Summer Music Concert Series at the Frazier Comstock Theatre building in Moorhead at 7 p.m. Thursday. The concert by Concordia’s music faculty is free, chairs will be provided.
For more information, contact Russell Peterson at email@example.com.
- Vergas Looney Daze, Thursday through Sunday: Vergas, Minn. is holding their annual Vergas Looney Daze celebration.
The occasion’s events will include the Miss Vergas pageant, a loon calling contest, street dance, parade, vendors and karaoke.
For more information, call (218)342-2091 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Readers can reach Forum reporter Emma Murray at (701) 241-5480