Associated Press, Published August 04 2011
Police release name of Mankato fire victimMANKATO, Minn. — Authorities have released the name of a 21-year-old man who died in a Mankato apartment fire this week.
The Mankato Department of Public Safety identifies the victim as 21-year-old Ayush Battarai of Mankato. An autopsy found he died of carbon monoxide poisoning due to smoke inhalation.
Authorities say Monday's fire was set intentionally but no foul play is suspected. The investigation continues.
The Free Press says Battarai was a former Minnesota State, Mankato student from Nepal.
Copyright © 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.