Matt Von Pinnon, Published July 31 2011
Meet the six new members of The Forum's Readers Board
Members stay on for a year, but terms are staggered by a half-year.
The paper’s community sounding board chooses its own successors.
We want to thank the members whose terms expired in June: Brenda Hagel, Andy Kalbus, Michelle Malott, David Nerud, Benjamin Sung and Paul Tefft.
New members include:
- Melissa Vosen Callens, 29, of Fargo is a teacher and academic adviser at North Dakota State University. She earned a doctorate in English and a master’s degree in English education at NDSU. She is married and has lived in the area for 10 years.
- Sergio R. DeLima, 36, has lived in Fargo since March. He earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration and management studies from Boston University and has taken courses for his master’s degree at the University of Porto Business School in Portugal. He is currently employed by Kelly Services. DeLima is married and the father of two daughters.
- Katie Hutton, 25, of Fargo is the communications coordinator for the Fargo Moorhead West Fargo Chamber. She earned a bachelor’s degree in print journalism and public relations from Concordia College and a master’s degree in mass communications from NDSU. She is married and has lived in the area for nearly seven years.
- Aaron Lamb, 36, of West Fargo is the president of Ergologistics and chief operating officer of Formula Now, both businesses at the NDSU Research and Technology Park Incubator. He studied French and international studies with a business focus at NDSU. He is married and the father of six children ages newborn to 13. Lamb has lived in the area for 15 years.
- Sharon L. Miller, 53, of Durbin, N.D., works as an independent staffing consultant and is principal of Dynamic Business Cultures. She earned a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Minnesota. She is married and the mother of three children. Miller has lived in the area for 14 years.
- Krista Thom, 24, of Fargo is an academic relationship manager for APAC Customer Services. She earned a bachelor’s degree in English from Texas A&M University. She grew up in Edgeley, N.D., and has lived in Fargo since 2010.
- Gurnee Bridgman, 80, of Fargo is a retiree who spends his time volunteering with the Scottish Rite Language Center and on hobbies such as exercising, reading and operating a ham radio. He earned a degree in psychology from the University of Michigan in 1954 and a master’s degree in biology from Bemidji (Minn.) State University in 1998. He lived in the Fargo area from 1982 to 1991 and returned in 1998. He is a widower and has a daughter who lives in Fargo.
- Lisa Dahlen, 25, of Fargo is the public relations officer for Hospice of the Red River Valley. She earned bachelor’s degrees in marketing and communications from Concordia College. She has lived in the area since beginning college in 2004.
- Marcy Matson, 61, of Moorhead is the director of federal programs for the Detroit Lakes (Minn.) School District. She earned a master’s degree in special education and a graduate degree in educational leadership from Minnesota State University Moorhead. She is married and has lived in the area all her life.
- Kevin Melicher, 61, of Fargo is an optometrist and owner of Eyecare Associates in the West Acres mall. He earned degrees from NDSU and the Illinois College of Optometry. He is married, has two adult children and has lived in the area since 1956.
- Tom Thoreson, 61, of Moorhead, is a substitute teacher and full-time church organist for Plymouth Congregational United Church of Christ in Fargo. He earned his bachelor’s degree in elementary education from MSUM in 1972 and a master’s degree in elementary education and educational administration from the Tri-College University in 1984. He has been married for 41 years and is the father of two sons.
- Joshua Voytek, 27, of Fargo works in the mental health field for Gull Harbour IRTS in Moorhead. He earned a history degree from Jamestown (N.D.) College and is currently pursuing a master’s degree in counseling from the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks. Voytek is single and has lived in Fargo for over three years.
Von Pinnon is editor of The Forum.
Reach him at (701) 241-5579 or email@example.com