« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Associated Press, Published April 06 2011

LaMoure students return, two months after fire

LAMOURE — Students are back in their classrooms in the southeast North Dakota city of LaMoure, about two months after a fire in the school.

About 140 students in grades 7-12 attended classes 11 miles away at the former school in Verona after the Feb. 11 fire in the LaMoure school's family and consumer sciences classroom. The Jamestown Sun reports that those students returned to the LaMoure school last Friday.

Superintendent Mitch Carlson says the fire was caused by an electrical short in a refrigerator. The flames didn't spread beyond the classroom but the building was filled with smoke. Most repairs have been done but some will be finished over the summer.