Published March 19 2011
Awards (March 19, 2011)AAF ND names 2010 ADDY Award winners
Absolute Marketing Group of Moorhead was named Best of Show winner in the 2010 American Advertising Federation of North Dakota ADDY awards for their multiple-page newspaper ad for 99 Bottles.
Judges Choice awards went to Flint Communications for their “BBQ Bootcamp” book and a photo campaign for Brushvale Soy Products, and to North Dakota State University Publication Services for a direct mail campaign.
Student Best of Show awards went to Amber Power, Minnesota State University Moorhead, for a magazine ad campaign, and to Dominc Brouillard, also of MSUM, for his mixed media campaign.
Other awards included:
- Sales promotion: Absolute, two gold awards; Border States Electric, two silver awards; H2M, Media Productions, Odney and SimmonsFlint, one silver each.
- Collateral material: Absolute, one gold, one silver; Flint, three gold, six silver; Jubae, two silver; NDSU, four gold; Katie Elenberger Design, Odney, SimmonsFlint, Straycat Studio, Thuen Design, one gold each; Getwith Design, Ironclad Marketing, The Promersberger Co., one silver each.
- Direct marketing: NDSU, three gold; Sanford Health, gold; Flint, Ironclad, one silver.
- Out of home: Absolute, Border States Electric, Flint, one silver each; H2M, one gold, two silver.
- Non-traditional advertising: Flint, Simmons Flint, one gold each.
- Consumer or trade publication: Jubae, one gold, three silver; Odney, gold; Promersberger, silver.
- Newspaper: Absolute, gold; Flint, one gold, three silver.
- Interactive media: Absolute, one gold, three silver; Flint, three gold, five silver; Sundog, two gold, one silver; H2M, Jubae, Sanford, one silver each; Houston Engineering, Redplum Media, one gold each.
- Radio: Absolute, one gold, two silver; Flint, Media Productions, Sanford, SimmonsFlint, one silver each.
- Television: Absolute, two gold, one silver: Flint, two gold; H2M, one gold, one silver; Odney, two gold, two silver; Results Unlimited, two silver; NDSCS, Sanford, Sundog, one silver each.
- Mixed/multiple media: Flint, one gold, three silver; Absolute, Ironclad, SimmonsFlint, one silver each.
- Ads for the arts and sciences: Flint, two gold, one silver; NDSU, gold.
- Public service: Odney, silver; Video Arts Studios, one gold, one silver.
- Ad industry self-promotion: AAF-ND, gold; Flint, one gold, one silver; Ironclad, two gold, one silver; Absolute, Anchor Marketing, one silver each.
- Elements of advertising: Flint, two gold, one silver; Ironclad, Odney, Thuen Design, one gold each; Absolute, Ad Monkeys, Sanford, Promersberger, one silver each.
Additonal student ADDY awards went to:
- Kayla Goebel, Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Moorhead, one gold, one silver;
- Minot (N.D.) State University students: James Skinner, Nick Bremer, Max Patzner, one gold each; Josh Collins, two silver; and Briana Schwan, Aaron Jaeger, one silver each; and
- MSUM students: Jon Andrew Robson, five gold; Justin Tvete, two gold, two silver; Andy Terhar, Amber Power, Ben Karkela, and the team of Laura Posterick and Avery Sauer, one gold each; Heather Donarski, one gold, two silver; Dominic Brouillard, one gold, one silver; Eric Heuer, Kim Jacobson, Leslie Wood and the team of Kiere Shaffer, Nathan Cote, Max Brooks, one silver each.