« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published January 24 2011

Ceiling fan catches fire in Hitterdal, Minn., apartment, prompts evacuation

HITTERDAL, Minn. - Fire crews responded to a ceiling fan on fire in an apartment here.

Dispatchers reported the incident just before 10 a.m.

According to dispatchers:

After catching fire, the fan melted and fell from the ceiling in unit No. 1 at 221 Front St.

Flames were still present in the ceiling, which the tenants weren’t able to reach with a fire extinguisher.

Smoke was also reported billowing from the building.

No injuries were immediately reported.

Ulen and Hawley fire departments were dispatched to the scene.

Hitterdal is about 27 miles northeast of Fargo.