« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Published January 13 2011

Charges likely after shot fired in West Fargo

Though police are still waiting on some additional reports, charges will likely be recommended in a Jan. 1 shooting in West Fargo.

A 30-year-old man living at 637 2nd Ave. E. had been handling an AR-15 rifle in his living room when the gun discharged. The bullet fired through a window and struck a 21-year-old man as he exited a nearby vehicle, according to police.

Detective Sgt. Greg Warren said some reports are still pending, but police are recommending charges of reckless endangerment and discharging a gun within city limits. All reports will be in the hands of prosecutors in Cass County by the end of the week, he said.

The 21-year-old, who was struck in the right arm just above the elbow, appears to have avoided serious injury, Warren said.