Published January 07 2011
Sustainable Ag Society’s annual conference Feb. 3The Northern Plains Sustainable Ag Society’s 32nd annual Winter Conference kicks off at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 3 with a marketing discussion.
The Winter Conference, “Sustainability in a Changing World,” is Feb. 4 and 5 at the Fargo Ramada Plaza & Suites.
Keynote speakers for the event are Micaela Colley from the Organic Seed Alliance, Kevin Murphy from the Washington State University Crop and Soil Sciences Department and Jane Mt. Pleasant from the Cornell University Horticulture Department.
Several workshops are also scheduled:
- Artisan beef, by livestock specialist Steve Campbell.
- Winter greenhouses, by Carold Ford and Chuck Waibel.
- Weed control, by Carmen Fernholtz and Frank Focella.
- Organic sustainability, by Jim Stordahl.
- Farm Breeder Club, presentations by Frank Kutka, Steve Zwinger and Theresa Podoll.
- Introduction to permaculture, by Karl Schmidt.
- Member profiles, by Angela Michieli from Camphill Village, and Bob Nelson and Marte Stensli.
- Local foods presentations, by Jennifer Krause and Stephanie Heim.
- Food preservation, by Julie Garden-Robinson.
- Use of herbs, by Judith Dumke-Emery.
- Marketing panel, local food panel and children’s workshops.