Bernie Erickson, Published January 02 2011
Will Wishnatsky, others, go further?Recently, Forum readers were fortunate to learn that Martin Wishnatsky, a former Fargo pro-life activist, has been able to advance his degree from Harvard University into acceptance to the Juris Doctorate program at Jerry Falwell’s Liberty University. One can only imagine what it must take to graduate from Harvard and then be accepted to Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va.
To Wishnatsky and those who espouse his beliefs, I would pose the following questions:
- How much time has Wishnatsky and his followers spent volunteering at a day care for disadvantaged children and their mothers?
- Has Wishnatsky or any of his followers attempted to adopt an unwanted child?
- How about an unwanted special-needs child? What do you suppose Wishnatsky or his followers would say if my financially secure same-gender partner and I offered to adopt an unwanted child?
- Has Wishnatsky or any of his followers forgone a significant purchase and used that money to better the life of a single mother and her child?
- Has Wishnatsky or any of his followers taken the time to follow up with one of the mothers they’ve convinced to continue their pregnancy and offer support, either emotional or financial?
Has anyone else reading this ever noticed that the people who stand outside the clinics are often the same people who complain the loudest about social welfare programs?
- What do you suppose Wishnatsky would say if news broke that a “gay gene” had been identified and we could now selectively terminate pregnancies based on this information?
Mr. Wishnatsky, it’s lovely you’ve chosen to advance your education. Perhaps with your J.D. in law, you might actually do something to better the lives of the children you’ve saved.