Forum staff reports, Published December 29 2010
Berg names initial staff for offices in North Dakota, WashingtonNorth Dakota Republican Rep.-elect Rick Berg has announced the first of his key staff members who will work in his Washington and North Dakota offices.
Berg said he intends to hire more legislative staff members once more of his committee assignments are decided after Jan. 1.
Among Berg’s hires for his Washington office:
- Lonnie Dietz, Berg’s campaign manager and leader of the transitional team, will serve as his chief of staff.
- Berg’s deputy campaign manager, Jonathan Casper, will become his legal counsel and legislative aide.
- Alee Lockman will be Berg’s communications director and spokesman.
- Tory Thoet will be Berg’s official scheduler.
- Alicia Schmitz will be his staff assistant.
For Berg’s offices in North Dakota:
- Campaign spokesman Tom Nelson will be Berg’s state director in Fargo.
- Berg’s campaign scheduler Julie Hillman will serve as office manager.
- Judith Roberts will be Berg’s deputy state director, based in Bismarck.
- Mary Christy will be his director of constituent services.