NDSU Extension Service, Published December 28 2010
NDSU agriculture, Extension faculty and staff honoredFARGO - North Dakota State University recently honored agriculture and Extension Service faculty and staff in an awards ceremony.
D.C. Coston, vice president for agriculture and university Extension; Ken Grafton, dean of the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources and director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station; and Duane Hauck, director of the NDSU Extension Service, presented the awards.
The 2010 award recipients were:
* Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award -- Harlene Hatterman-Valenti, associate professor, Department of Plant Sciences
* Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award -- Gary Secor, professor, Department of Plant Pathology
* Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award -- Greg McKee, assistant professor, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics
* H.Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award -- Marion Harris, professor, School of Natural Resource Sciences (Entomology)
* William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Advising Award -- Birgit Pruess, assistant professor, Department of Veterinary and Microbiological Sciences
* Myron and Muriel Johnsrud Excellence in Extension/Outreach Award -- Sam Markell, Extension plant pathologist, Department of Plant Pathology
* AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award -- Janet Knodel, Extension entomologist, School of Natural Resource Sciences (Entomology)
* Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award -- Dennis Whitted, research specialist, School of Natural Resource Sciences (Range Science)
* Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award -- Norma Ackerson, information processing specialist, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics
* Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award -- Sandy Osborne, administrative coordinator, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics