Published December 21 2010
USHL: Air Force’s local recruiting pipelineThe Air Force Academy’s hockey program has created a bit of a pipeline by recruiting nine players with area ties in the last four years.
Here’s a look at the players the Falcons have recruited including Fargo Force defenseman Dan Weissenhofer, who committed to the school on Monday.
- Bryan Becker, Moorhead, was a three-year letterman at Air Force. His younger brother, Matt, currently plays at Air Force.
- Matt Becker, Moorhead, has four points in ten games in his senior year. He was named the team’s most improved player during his junior year.
- Chad Demers, Grafton, N.D., the third-year Force forward committed last week.
- Danny Durham, Chicago, played with the Force in their first season and is a sophomore at Air Force.
- Josh Frider, Moorhead, scored 82 points as a four-year letterman.
- Cole Gunner, Richfield, Minn., committed to Air Force while he played 26 games with Force before being traded to the Chicago Steel.
- Brent Olson, Baudette, Minn., played with the defunct Fargo-Moorhead Jets. Played four years at Air Force.
- Paul Weisgarber, Fargo, the former South standout is a junior who has 12 points in 14 games. He’s the team’s third leading scorer.
- Dan Weissenhofer, Naperville, Ill., the Force defenseman became the latest with area ties to commit to Air Force.