Published November 19 2010
Bremer grants awarded to area programsST. PAUL – The Otto Bremer Foundation in St. Paul awarded 82 grants in September totaling more than $3.9 million.
Programs in Minnesota receiving grants included:
- Bell Hill Recovery Center, Wadena, $6,000 to purchase furniture and supplies for the new common area at the chemical dependency treatment facility;
- Crookston Public Schools, $13,500 to continue support of a cultural awareness program and for the development of new initiatives;
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Detroit Lakes, $30,000 to support the infrastructure of the Business and Entrepreneurial Services program; and
- White Earth Land Recovery Project Native Harvest, Callaway, $50,000 for general operating support.
North Dakota programs receiving grants included:
- American Red Cross Minn-Kota Chapter, Fargo, $131,766 for assessment, strategic planning and organizational infrastructure upgrades;
- Cooperstown Community Activities Authority, $50,000 to support matching funds for an AmeriCorps grant;
- Fraser Ltd., Fargo, $145,000 for the operation of the Transitional Living Program;
- City of Hankinson, $75,000 for a new community center facility;
- Hospice of the Red River Valley, Fargo, $100,000 for a challenge grant to acquire new technology;
- House of Everyday Learning, Fargo, $15,000 to support programs to assist children with disabilities and their families;
- Lutheran Home of the Good Shepherd, New Rockford, $44,000 to purchase specialized bariatric beds for residents; and
- Woodworth Fire Department, $50,000 to construct a new facility that will house a fire station, first responders and community center.