Jeff Kolpack, Published November 11 2010
Bison athletics: Women’s basketballWomen’s basketball
- Jamie Van Kirk: 5-10 guard, Sutton, Neb. Averaged 16 points, 6 rebounds, 3.6 assists as a junior.
- Kahla Becken: 5-9 guard, Lino Lakes, Minn. (Centennial HS). Averaged 16.1 points, 5 assists and 3 steals as a junior. McDonald’s All-American nominee.
- Elizabeth Keena: 6-0, forward, Hastings, Minn. Averaged 13.7 points, 10.3 rebounds as a junior.
- Danielle Muri: 5-9, forward, Billings, Mont. Averaged 13.6 points and 7.7 rebounds. Led Billings West to back-to-back state soccer championships. Father Jeff Muri played football at Montana State and signed with the Minnesota Vikings.
- Chris Kading: 6-8, forward, De Pere, Wis. Averaged 9.6 points, 6.4 rebounds, 4.1 blocked shots. Mother and father both NDSU graduates.
- Joel Lindberg: 6-2, guard, Superior, Wis. Averaged 21.8 points, 7.0 rebounds, 6.9 assists as a junior. Shot 62 percent from 3-point range.
- David Ernst: 6-3, pitcher-utility player, Fargo South. Gatorade North Dakota Player of the Year as a junior. 8-0, 0.75 ERA with 93 strikeouts in 56 innings. Hit .463.
- Trevor Jaunich: 6-3, pitcher-infielder, Delano, Minn. Hit .370. Had 0.75 ERA, pitched Delano to state championship game.
- Jamie Prussic: first baseman, Central Arizona CC. Hit .508 with 10 home runs and 66 RBIs and was NJCAA All-American. Head coach Darren Mueller says she “will be the best hitter we’ve ever had in the program.” Originally from Garden Grove, Calif.
- Mara Headline: catcher, Anoka, Minn. Six-year starter at Anoka played on state champion Northern Xtreme club.
- Presley Glaser: second baseman, Blair, Neb. Hit .505 and scored 36 runs and named first-team al-state. Also was point guard in basketball, pole vaulter in track and played soccer.
- Krista Menke: pitcher, Friend, Neb. Played for Nebraska Flames and was all-tournament selection for third place team in USSSA World Series 18U tournament.
- Amanda Grable: catcher/first baseman, Santee, Calif. Hit .472 with 96 RBIs and played on national qualifying club teams San Diego Thunder, San Diego Renegades and So Cal Breakers.
- Sarah Storandt: Fargo Shanley. Played on state title teams in 2005, 2006 and 2007. Won five tournaments last year and finished with a 75.5 stroke average. Was state runner-up as a junior. Minnesota PGA Players Tour Series C Player of the Year.
- Emma Kusick: Minot, N.D. Played on state title teams in 2008 and 2009 and set school record with eight rounds in the 70s. Finished third in state tourney as a junior.
- Bill Carlson: Fargo South. Tied for state individual championship before losing in a playoff. NDGA junior state champion.
- Trent Olson: Fargo Shanley. Finished fifth in state last year and second in NDGA junior. F-M junior all-city champion.
– Jeff Kolpack