« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published November 02 2010

UPDATED: Cigarette cited as cause for overnight deck fire at Fargo apartment

No one was injured when a fourth-floor deck fire at an Anda Properties apartment building at 701 33rd Ave. N. prompted a call to the Fargo Fire Department at about 11:45 p.m. Monday.

"Yet another deck fire caused by smoking materials," Capt. Bob Cuchna said in an incident report issued by the Fire Department. "Fire officials cannot stress enough to be cautious and properly dispose of cigarette waste."

The report estimated damage at $1,000.

Firefighter Jason Ness, who was the first on the scene, said a window was knocked out to douse the flames.

No residents were put out for the night.

The 80-unit, 21-year-old building has an appraised value of more than $3.7 million listed on the City of Fargo’s property website.