« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published November 02 2010

South Fargo house fire started on kitchen stove

A house fire late Monday morning in south Fargo started in the kitchen when combustibles were left on a gas stove.

Firefighters were called to 1126 7th Ave. S. after a passer-by saw smoke coming from the roof and attic windows, said Jesse Schmidt, spokesman for the Fargo Fire Department.

Jessica Gordon, who lives at the home, was not at home when the fire occurred. One pet was rescued by firefighters, but one dog is still missing after it ran away when the fire broke out.

The American Red Cross Minn-Kota Chapter Disaster Action Team had arrived on scene by noon Monday to help the lone resident of the home.

The Red Cross is providing assistance with clothing, shoes and groceries.

Fire officials estimate the fire caused about $25,000 in damages to the home.