« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published October 30 2010

Kitchen fire damages 45th Street McDonald’s in Fargo

FARGO - One employee suffered smoke inhalation from a fire Saturday night at the McDonald’s restaurant at 4501 19th Ave. S. in Fargo.

Fire departments from both Fargo and Moorhead responded to the kitchen fire about 7 p.m., which employees unsuccessfully tried to put out.

Fargo Assistant Fire Chief Steve Balstad said a grease fire from a deep fryer caused moderate damage to the restaurant, which will be closed for repairs.

The restaurant’s doors were opened to air the building out, and charred walls could be seen through the windows.

F-M Ambulance and the Salvation Army were also on scene, but no injuries were reported.

Attempts to reach McDonald's management was unsuccessful late Saturday.