Helmut Schmidt, Published October 24 2010
Donors so far to coalition’s ‘yes’ campaignMore than $40,000 in donations has been received by the Coalition for Cass County Flood Protection to fund an ad campaign to encourage voters to back a county-wide half-percent sales tax to pay for flood protection projects.
A campaign contribution statement received from the Cass County auditor’s office Thursday lists these contributions, so far:
- Home Builders Association of Fargo-Moorhead, $7,500.
- North Dakota Association of Builders PAC, $7,500.
- Sanford Health, $7,500.
- North Dakota Association of Realtors Issues and Mobilization Fund, $4,000.
- Cass County Electric Cooperatives, $2,000.
- Fargo Moorhead West Fargo Chamber of Commerce, $1,000.
- Coldwell Banker, $1,000.
- Dakota Fence Co., $1,000.
- Gate City Bank, $2,500.
- Houston Engineering, $1,000.
- IdeaONE Telecom Group, $2,000.
- Matrix Properties, $1,000.
- Moore Engineering, $1,000.
- Park Company Realtors, $1,000.
- State Bank and Trust, $1,000.
- Jeff Volk (president of Moore Engineering), $250.
Bryce Johnson, executive vice president of the Home Builders Association of Fargo-Moorhead, said other businesses and individuals have also donated. Current and past elected officials also gave the group diversion information, she said.
Readers can reach Forum reporter Helmut Schmidt at (701) 241-5583