Forum staff reports, Published September 27 2010
Moorhead High to induct five graduates into Hall of HonorMOORHEAD - Five Moorhead High School graduates will be inducted into the school’s Hall of Honor at a Saturday recognition ceremony. The deadline to purchase tickets to the ceremony is Tuesday.
The five 2010 Hall of Honor inductees are:
- Ann Ellenson, a 1954 graduate, a longtime professor in the business department at Moorhead Area Vocational Technical Institute and a former co-owner of Fevig Insurance Agency in Moorhead.
- Becky Gulsvig, a 2000 graduate who went on to star on Broadway in the musicals “Hairspray” and “Legally Blonde.” Gulsvig’s television appearances include a stint on “All My Children” and an appearance on The Tony Awards.
- Douglas N. Hastad, a 1967 graduate and former elementary physical education teacher, tennis and basketball coach in Moorhead. A former chancellor at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, Hastad has been president of Carroll University in Waukesha, Wis., since 2006.
- Larry R. Ludemann, a 1972 graduate and a senior staff veterinarian for the USDA. In March 2001, Ludemann volunteered to help to eradicate foot and mouth disease from the United Kingdom. He received a Group Honor Award for Excellence from the Secretary of Agriculture for his work.
- Adolph Murie, a 1918 graduate who spent 32 years working for the National Park Service, undertaking pioneering studies published in four books. Murie was also instrumental in protecting wolves from eradication. He died in 1974.
The event is at 5 pm at the Courtyard by Marriott in Moorhead. Tickets cost $20.
Contact Don Hulbert in the Moorhead High School Activities Office at (218) 284-2346 to purchase tickets. When purchasing tickets, please indicate if you are attending in honor of a certain inductee.