« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Published September 25 2010

Dog, cat survive fire in Fargo apartment

A Fargo woman, who came home from work Friday to find her apartment full of smoke, rescued her dog before firefighters arrived and saved her cat from the residence.

The Fargo Fire Department was called to the apartment at 929 Page Drive around 6 p.m. Friday after the woman called 911.

The woman rescued her dog by breaking a window to the apartment.

The fire department reported that the fire is believed to have started when pet food on the stovetop started on fire when a burner was accidentally turned on.

The fire caused damage to the stove and some cabinets, which were taken outside.

Other residents of the building were allowed to return to their homes. The woman will be staying with family.

No one was injured.