« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Associated Press, Published September 24 2010

Missing Minnesota man turns up - in Vegas

MINNEAPOLIS — A Shoreview man who became the subject of a national crime alert after he called his wife to say he'd been kidnapped has turned up safe in Las Vegas.

Matthew Anderson, 29, was not kidnapped, according to a statement from the Ramsey County Sheriff's Office late Friday. He was found by Las Vegas police.

“The investigation revealed that Anderson left Minnesota on his own volition and traveled to Nevada via Chicago,” the statement Friday said.

Anderson's wife, Amber, told police he had called her Sept. 17 to say he'd been kidnapped by two men he was afraid would harm him. His van later turned up in Chicago.

Authorities said earlier this week that Anderson had withdrawn $1,000 from a bank shortly before he was last seen, and was alone at the time.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Holli Drinkwine said no charges were being considered against Anderson “at this time.”


Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.