Published August 10 2010
Chris Dewey: A timeline of eventsA timeline of events for Chris Dewey, the Mahnomen County Sheriff’s Office deputy shot while on duty. Dewey died Monday after complications during his rehabilitation.
- 2003: Graduates from Hibbing (Minn.) Community College.
- 2005: Joins the Mahnomen Sheriff’s Office.
- March 23, 2007: Marries high school sweetheart Emily.
- Feb. 18, 2009: Shot while responding to reports of a drunken driver in Mahnomen.
- Feb. 19, 2009: Undergoes two surgeries for injuries to his brain and liver.
- March 5, 2009: Listed in satisfactory condition and transported to a Colorado rehabilitation center.
- April 7, 2009: Suffers brain hemorrhage, the start of several setbacks throughout the summer and fall.
- Nov. 6, 2009: Undergoes brain surgery to repair damage from gunshot.
- Dec. 21, 2009: More than 400 supporters raise more than $25,000 at West Fargo VFW spaghetti feed.
- Feb. 22, 2010: Leaves Colorado hospital and returns to south-central Minnesota care facility.
- July 3: Hospitalized for infection; given Botox injections for pain.
- July 15: Placed under hospice care after a lung collapses from Botox injection complications.
- Aug. 9: Dies from complications at 10:33 a.m., according to a Caringbridge journal entry.
Source: Forum archives