Forum staff reports, Published July 21 2010
Sexting topic of adult education workshopThe Region V Parenting Resource Center and North Dakota State University Extension will sponsor a workshop called “Sexting: What Every Caring Adult Should Know” from 6 to 8 p.m. Aug. 10 at the NDSU Alumni Center, 1241 N. University Drive, Fargo.
Workshop objectives include:
- Raising awareness about sexting.
- Knowing why teens and young adults sext and to whom.
- Building awareness of the consequences of sexting.
- Having an understanding on how to prevent/decrease sexting.
- Understanding the legal implications and potential consequences.
- Gaining a local perspective from Cass County experts in the legal field.
Presenters include Sharon Query and Rachelle Vettern, NDSU Extension youth specialists; Greg Dawkins, Cass County school resource officer; and Cass County State’s Attorney Birch Burdick.
Cost is $10 per person, and registration is required. For more information or to register, call (701) 241-5700 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.