« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Published July 11 2010

Fargo apartment fire causes $4,000 in damage

A small electrical fire Saturday afternoon in a Fargo apartment fire resulted in about $4,000 in damage.

Firefighters responded just before 5 p.m. to a report of smoke on the second floor of an apartment building at 714½ Main Ave.

According to Assistant Fire Chief Dean Meyer:

Firefighters found light smoke in two apartments on the second floor and used thermal-imaging technology to locate a hotspot in the wall between the two apartments.

Firefighters then used an ax to tear open the wall and discovered an electrical wire had shorted out and ignited the wood frame of the building.

The smoldering fire was extinguished with a water extinguisher. No one was injured.