« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Published July 06 2010

Man injured by fireworks in Fargo

A man seriously injured his fingers while trying to light an aerial firework in Fargo on Sunday night, police reported.

The incident occurred in the 400 block of Fourth Avenue North, police Sgt. Chris Helmick said Monday.

The man, who was not identified, was holding a firework meant to explode aerially when it went off in his hand, Helmick said.

The blast seriously injured his fingers, and he was taken to Sanford Health-MeritCare hospital for treatment, Helmick said.

The man had been drinking prior to the incident, Helmick said.