« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Published April 28 2010

Used briquettes cause small fire in south Fargo

Used coals from a grill are to blame for a small fire Tuesday evening in a south Fargo garage.

Neighbors reported smoke about 8 p.m. coming from the eves of an unattached garage at an apartment building at 2321 20 1/2 Ave. S.

Firefighters were able to put the flames out quickly, limiting damage to one garage in the multi-unit structure. Damage was estimated at $3,000.

The coals were located in a metal bucket inside the garage. Fire officials said homeowners should use caution when disposing of briquettes and place them in a receptacle outside.