Associated Press, Published April 22 2010
North Dakota Horse Park will not open for racing this year
State Racing Commission Director Winston Satran says the track is still $150,000 short from last year’s season, owing money to suppliers and vendors.
Satran expects the park to request a $50,000 grant. He says the Racing Commission likely will approve that amount if the park can show it can come up with the rest.
The park’s general manager stepped down in December, saying there was no money for operations. Satran says poor management is at least partly to blame.
Satran says it is not known if the track will reopen next year, but he is optimistic.