« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Associated Press, Published April 21 2010

Fargo horse track won't open this summer

The financially troubled horse track in Fargo will not open for racing this summer.

State Racing Commission Director Winston Satran says the track is still $150,000 short from last year's season, owing money to suppliers and vendors.

Satran expects the park to request a $50,000 grant. He says the Racing Commission likely will approve that amount if the park can show it can come up with the rest.

The park's general manager stepped down in December, saying there was no money for operations. Satran says poor management is at least partly to blame for the financial problems.

Satran says it is not known if the track will reopen next year, but he is optimistic.



Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.