Amy Dalrymple, Forum News Service, Published March 31 2010
Eight advance in search for president
Committee members decided Tuesday to invite two more candidates in addition to the six they already moved forward in the search.
The additional candidates are Richard Davenport, president of Minnesota State University, Mankato, and Gary Miller, provost and vice president for academic affairs and research at Wichita (Kan.) State University.
The committee met Tuesday to discuss reference checks for five candidates who submitted their names later in the search process.
The six the committee advanced last week:
- Dean Bresciani, former vice president for student affairs for Texas A&M University.
- John Gardner, vice president for economic development and global engagement for Washington State University. He also is former director of the NDSU Carrington Research Extension Center.
- Thomas Keon, dean of business administration for the University of Central Florida.
- Priscilla Nelson, professor of civil and environmental engineering and former provost of New Jersey Institute of Technology.
- Benjamin Ogles, dean of arts and sciences at Ohio University.
- William Ruud, president of Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania. Ruud is a University of North Dakota alumnus who was among the top four finalists for that presidency in 1999.
The committee will interview the candidates April 10-11 at the Ramada Plaza & Suites in Fargo.
A total of 29 people applied for the job, including Dick Hanson, interim NDSU president, and D.C. Coston, NDSU vice president for agriculture and extension.
Readers can reach Forum reporter Amy Dalrymple at (701) 241-5590