Don Davis, Forum News Service, Published March 30 2010
Jobs bill impact by the numbersST. PAUL – Supporters say the jobs bill would create jobs in several areas by providing tax credits:
- Hundreds or thousands in small businesses supported by “angel investors.” Cost: $17 million.
- Hundreds in a Mall of America expansion. Cost: Bloomington allowed to raise taxes.
- Up to 1,500 in fixing historic buildings. Cost: $3.8 million.
- Up to 1,500 at a St. Paul Ford pickup plant that is slated to close next year. Cost: $2.5 million (2012-13).
- 1,350 in Duluth and the Iron Range for wind turbine manufacturing facilities. Cost: $12 million (over 10 years).
- A few hundred in other communities, including East Grand Forks and several northwestern Minnesota counties.
- Unknown number for research and development credits. Cost: $11 million.
Don Davis reports for Forum Communications Co.