Published February 26 2010
Applications available for Camp GrassickDAWSON, N.D. – Elks Camp Grassick, the North Dakota Elks summer camp for children and adults with various disabilities and special needs, is accepting applications for summer sessions. Sessions include:
- June 6-25, for children ages 7 to 15; speech and language services, occupational therapy and reading instructions.
- June 27 through July 2, session hosted by the Anne Carlsen Center of Jamestown, N.D.
- July 11-23, for children ages 7 to 17 who are educable mentally handicapped or those with learning disabilities.
- July 25-30, for young adults ages 17 to 20 to work on issues such as graduating from high school, first jobs or independent living.
- Aug. 3-7, a recreational session for adults with various disabilities, followed by the North Dakota Association of the Blind’s summer camping session for adults who are visually impaired or blind.
All sessions offer crafts, swimming instructions and supervised recreation.
For more information or to receive applications, call Dan Mimnaugh at (701) 327-4251 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.