Published February 17 2010
Enforcement blitz yields citations, arrests in North DakotaTroopers from the North Dakota Highway Patrol issued 237 citations during an enforcement blitz last week aimed at cracking down on motorists without proper vehicle registration.
The blitz, targeting southeast North Dakota, from Feb. 8 to Sunday yielded:
- 160 driving-related warnings, including 45 warnings for improper registration.
- 45 registration citations.
- Nine drunken driving arrests.
- Seven arrests for driving under suspension.
- Five misdemeanor drug arrests.
- Two arrests for motorists without insurance.
- 48 crash investigations.
The week began and ended with poor weather and driving conditions. In addition to citations issued through the enforcement blitz, troopers responded to calls for about 100 vehicles in ditches.
According to a news release, troopers will continue to conduct high-visibility enforcement blitzes throughout the year.