NDSU Extension Service, Published February 03 2010
New ND 4-H ambassadors selectedFARGO - Twelve youths were selected to join the North Dakota 4-H Ambassadors team.
The new team members, the county where they live and the school they attend are:
* Jodi Boe, Mercer -- Beulah High School
* Jayce Doan, Burleigh -- Century High School
* Sarah Elder, Burleigh -- Bismarck High School
* Elizabeth Gunderson, Ramsey -- Devils Lake High School
* Anika Jurgens, Mercer -- Beulah High School
* Reid Kemp, Pembina -- Valley High School
* Rachael Lagein, Towner -- Rock Lake Public School
* Rebecca Martin, Grand Forks -- Grand Forks Central High School
* Caryn Scholl, Burleigh -- St. Mary's Central High School
* Justine Smith, Sargent -- Sargent Central High School
* Therese Weber, Richland -- Home schooled
* Alicia Widhalm, Sargent -- Milnor Public School
The North Dakota 4-H Ambassadors is a group of young adults from across North Dakota who are actively involved in 4-H. They coordinate many activities that involve teaching youth and adults about topics such as leadership, team work and citizenship.
They specialize in planning and facilitating 4-H events, such as the annual statewide Extension Youth Conference, workshops, training sessions and regional events. They strive to create events that are fun, educational and skill building, and promote self-improvement. They also are active volunteers for 4-H programs in every North Dakota county.