« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Published February 03 2010

Grease fire forces evacuation of O’Kelly’s

A grease fire in the kitchen forced the evacuation of O’Kelly’s restaurant and bar Tuesday night in Fargo.

The fire broke out at 3800 Main Ave. around 7:30 p.m.

No one was hurt.

Owner Mike Clevenger put out the fire with a fire extinguisher, he said.

The Fargo Fire Department instructed him to evacuate the building, which he did, Clevenger said. Patrons were allowed back in within 30 to 45 minutes, he said.

“The Fargo Fire Department responded incredibly fast,” Clevenger said. “I want to give them accolades for that.”