Forum staff reports, Published January 29 2010
2010 Dairy Cow College Session dates set Feb. 1-5Expectations for the future of the dairy industry and how to prepare a marketing plan are among the topics at this year’s Dairy Cow College sessions.
Dairy Cow College is a joint effort of the North Dakota State University Extension Service and Midwest Dairy Association (MDA) in cooperation with the NDSU Animal Sciences Department.
The dates and locations for this year’s sessions are:
- Monday – KEM Electric Cooperative, Linton.
- Tuesday – Youth Building, Morton County Fairgrounds, New Salem.
- Wednesday – Days Hotel, Dickinson.
- Thursday – The Ranch House, Towner.
- Friday – Gladstone Inn and Suites, Jamestown.
All of the sessions will begin with registration and coffee at 10:45 a.m. local time and run from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Lunch is included.
Other topics will include a review of current markets, establishing a platform for risk, formulating a risk management strategy, and molds and mycotoxins in dairy feeds.
Presenters are J.W. Schroeder, NDSU Extension dairy specialist, and Steve Watrin, manager of risk management for Land O’Lakes Inc.
Other activities will include American Dairy Association and MDA district meetings and a question-and-answer session.
For more information about Dairy Cow College, contact your county Extension office, Schroeder at (701) 231-7663 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or the following Extension agents:
- Linton – Doug Bichler, (701) 254-4811, email@example.com, or Cynthia Ketterling, (701) 288-3465, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Salem – Jackie Buckley, (701) 667-3340, email@example.com, or Rick Schmidt, (701) 794-8748, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dickinson – Kurt Froelich, (701) 456-7665, email@example.com, or David Twist, (701) 764-5593, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Towner – Raquel Dugan-Dibble, (701) 537-5405, email@example.com, or Mike Rose, (701) 857-6444, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jamestown – Eunice Sahr, (701) 252-9030, email@example.com, or Randy Grueneich, (701) 845-8528, firstname.lastname@example.org