staff report, Published October 02 2009
Public encouraged to take advantage of flu shot clinics at Fargo schoolsFARGO – Overall turnout for flu shots is high at area schools this week, but preregistration numbers are low for shots offered in the upcoming weeks.
“I am concerned with some of the schools that are two, three weeks out,” said Bill Williams, the director of operations at the 7-Day Clinic, which is administrating the shots. “I don’t know what’s happening. We certainly have plenty of the vaccine.”
The Fargo school’s “Stamp Out Influenza” program began Thursday and goes until the end of the month.
While 200 people are pre-registered for Tuesday’s shots at Longfellow Elementary, only nine people are preregistered to receive the shots at Fargo North High School and four at Carl Ben Eielson Middle School on Oct. 26.
Officials are urging the public to take advantage of the flu shots, especially since MeritCare’s vaccine supply has been delayed.
“We have not run out of the vaccine, but we do have a delay in the delivery,” spokesman Darren Huber said. “We just don’t have a full supply.”
The flu shots offered at area schools are provided to anyone in the community, not just those who have kids in a school.
Preregistration isn’t required, but it’s recommended. To do so, call (701) 364-2911. The phone line is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The shots are given by 7-Day Clinic, which is a member of the Innovis Health network.
The shots are offered the following days:
• Today: 3 to 5:30 p.m. at Oak Grove Elementary in Fargo
• Monday: 3:30 to 6:30 at both Shanley High School and Sullivan Middle School in Fargo
• Tuesday: 4 to 8 p.m. at McKinley, Longfellow and Clara Barton Elementary Schools in Fargo
• Thursday: 4 to 8 p.m. at Bennett and Jefferson Elementary Schools in Fargo
• Oct. 9: 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Holy Spirit Elementary in Fargo
• Oct. 12: 4 to 8 p.m. at Eagles Education Center and Madison Elementary School in Fargo
• Oct. 13: 4 to 8 p.m. at Washington and Lincoln Elementary Schools in Fargo
• Oct. 14: 4 to 8 p.m. at Lewis and Clark, Kennedy and Eastwood Elementary Schools in Fargo
• Oct. 15: 4 to 8 p.m. at Horace Elementary in West Fargo
• Oct. 19: 4 to 8 p.m. at Ben Franklin Middle School and Roosevelt Elementary School in Fargo
• Oct. 20: 4 to 8 p.m. at South Campus II (Agassiz) and Discovery Middle School in Fargo
• Oct. 22: 4 to 8 p.m. at Sheyenne Ninth Grade Center and Aurora Ele-mentary in West Fargo
• Oct. 23: 4 to 8 p.m. at Harwood Elementary in West Fargo
• Oct. 26: 4 to 8 p.m. at Fargo North High School and Carl Ben Eielson Mid-dle School in Fargo
• Oct. 27: 4 to 8 p.m. at Centennial Elementary School in Fargo and West Fargo ’s Osgood Kindergar-ten Center in Fargo
• Oct. 28: 4 to 8 p.m. at L.E. Berger Elementary School and West Fargo High School in West Fargo
• Oct. 29: 4 to 8 p.m. at Woodrow Wilson High School in Fargo and the West Fargo STEM Center at the Lodoen Center in West Fargo .
For more information, go to www.7dayclinic.net or call (701) 364-2911.