J. Shane Mercer, Published July 12 2009
Learn ins and outs of Trollwood’s new amphitheaterTrollwood Performing Arts School is just days away from putting the first musical on the stage of its new amphitheater. Beautiful as it is, a new home means patrons will have to adjust. Here is some nuts-and-bolts guidance on what’s where and how to get around:
Location, location, location: The new TPAS campus is in Moorhead at the end of 50th Avenue South, on the Red River. From downtown Moorhead, go south on Eighth Street and turn right onto 50th Avenue, which will take you directly to the campus.
- Disability friendly: TPAS Executive Director Vicki Chepulis says the amphitheater is 100 percent handicap accessible. The facility is also equipped with 60 personal audio units designed for the hearing impaired.
- Creature comfort: If you plan to use the stone bench seating, you might want to bring some posterior padding. The stone benches are cool looking, but they’re also, well, stone. There will also be some seat pads for sale on site.
- Parking: The TPAS volunteer parking staff will be on hand to direct visitors where to park. Simply point your vehicle toward the TPAS campus and follow the directions.
- Concession stands: General concessions are available at the Refresh & Revive centers on the east and west sides of the stage.
- Restrooms: Restrooms are on the back (north side) of the Refresh & Revive centers, which are located on both sides of the stage.
- Pre-show meals: Preshow boxed and hot dinners are available 5:30 to 8 p.m. before the show at the Imagine Café at the south end of the amphitheater.
- Tickets: Available at Hornbacher’s grocery stores, Gate City Bank locations, Fargostuff.com and at the box office on the TPAS campus in Marcil Commons. Tickets are also available at the Brookins Refresh & Revive Center on the east side of the stage beginning at 6 p.m. on show nights. Tickets may be purchased at Marcil Commons prior to 6 p.m. on show nights.
Readers can reach Forum reporter Shane Mercer at (701) 451-5734