John Lamb, Published April 04 2009
Dakota Magic adds to scheduleBret Michaels, Montgomery Gentry slated
The “Rock of Love” star is one of many acts rolling into Dakota Magic Casino in the next few months.
The Hankinson, N.D., casino announced a lineup of performers through September, which includes:
- Poison frontman Bret Michaels, star of VH1’s hookup show “Rock of Love,” plays the convention center May 29.
- Country singer Tracy Byrd, who scored hits with “Holdin’ Heaven” and “Ten Rounds With Jose Cuervo,” plays the room May 7 and 8.
- 1980s star Billy Squier plays hits such as “The Stroke,” “Lonely Is the Night” and “In the Dark” on June 26.
- “Blue Collar Comedy Tour” veteran Bill Engvall delivers a stand-up routine July 30.
- Country superstars Montgomery Gentry, whose tracks “My Town,” “Speed” and “Hell Yeah” made heavy radio rotation play Sept. 17.
Show times are at 8 p.m. Tickets for these shows are $29. For more information, call (800) 325-6825.
Dakota Magic previously announced shows by country singer Jason Aldean ($39) for April 16 and 17 as well as a double bill of Staind and Hoobastank ($49) the following weekend, April 23 and 24.
Readers can reach Forum reporter John Lamb at (701) 241-5533